As you may be aware,Hulu, the on-demand premium streaming video service that allows its users to stream popular TV shows in the United States and Japan, is amazing right? Always being compared to its rivals, most popularly Netflix, it has over 28.5 million users. Also, it has planned a global expansion for the upcoming year, 2021.
But what if I tell you that, in spite of these positives, Hulu always keeps crashing and showing error codes. Will you like it? I don’t think so.
In 2019, Hulu added another option to step up their game and also considered a beneficial upgrade for their end users. They added the ability to enjoy the content online. Other streaming services had done this for years but unlike them, Hulu offers downloading upto 25 titles and additionally, they will remain for upto 30 days to be watched.
Suppose one day, while you are watching your favourite TV series on Hulu and it suddenly stops. It is one of the most dreadful things that can take place when you are in the middle of watching something interesting, right? But Hulu users might be familiar with the fact that Hulu experiences some or the other problems from time to time. Be it poor quality videos, constant errors in connection or sudden freezing of the video screen, there are a variety of problems. But don’t worry, here’s how you can troubleshoot the problems. So, in order to keep those problems at bay and diving into the vastness of various watchable items Hulu offers, let us dive in to the fixes of the problems witnessed by Hulu users. Hence,without further adieu let’s begin.
How to fix Hulu streaming problems?
There are a number of ways by which you can try to fix your Hulu streaming problems, all of them are listed below.
1. You have to check whether your internet is down or not. From time to time, everybody experiences some internet connection problems. Therefore, try launching some other applications such as Youtube. If you see that you are having issues with other apps as well. You can also check on various sites on the web to see whether your internet is working or not. If you are facing internet connection problems, you should contact your data service provider to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
2.Quickly have a check if Hulu is down or not. Many times, entire Hulu services might go crashing or even undergo maintenance in a specific area. Hence the streaming problem arises. You can use tools like DownDetector to check whether other users are facing technical difficulties like you or not. You can also take a look at Hulu’s social accounts to see if they have come out with any official statements regarding the problem.
If Hulu’s issues are being experienced by people not of your own home network, there is a sheer probability that you will have to wait out the problems until they are resolved on Hulu’s end.
3.You can give it a go by relaunching the Hulu application. If the Hulu application opens incorrectly, it may not be able to load all of the required information that is needed for it to properly run. Therefore, restarting the Hulu application or stream, or browser may solve this issue.
How to fix Hulu connection problems?
This is a very frequent problem faced by Hulu users whenever they are streaming on Hulu. The remedies for this problem are listed be low:
1.You can try to close down all the applications that are running in the background and even the extra tabs. If your device or your browser has any applications or programs being worked on while you are trying to launch Hulu, then your connection will most probably be affected.
Closing these tabs or items will give you a boost and speed up the loading time of your video or telecast that will not only potentially improve the video quality but also decrease the buffering time.
In order to close applications on android devices, one has to tap on the overview button which is present at the bottom of the screen. Then tap on the option of close, which is at the bottom of the screen.
The overview button is an icon that looks like a square has three lines or rectangles, lined on top of each other. It depends completely on your phone model. In order to close all the apps on an iPhone and iPad, you will have to slowly swipe up from below the screen and work your way up. And in order to close tabs in a browser, you’ll have to click the “x” icon on the tabs at the top of the screen.
2.You can try and perform a power cycle. In order to do this, you will have to switch off your device and if applicable, also the modem and router. After waiting for 5-10 minutes, you will have to then power back up.
3.You will have to check your internet connection. You can start by quickly running a speed test on your device.
4.You will also have to keep a check on your Internet’s download speed. You can either check your internet plan. You ought to come across a slow time consuming playback speed if your Internet’s maximum download speed isn’t high enough to support playing videos.
You’ll need the following speeds for the following resolutions:
- For streaming at 720p you will require a speed of 3 MB/s
- For streaming at 1080p you will require a speed of 6 MB/s
- For streaming at Hd quality you will require a speed of MB/s
- And lastly for Live TV you need to have a speed of 8 MB/s
You have to step up your internet connection for if the speeds fall short, you will experience trouble getting a connection for streaming.
5.Try testing whether other applications or programs are launching on your device on not, the problem persists, try contacting you internet service provider for more information regarding how to improve the connection.
6.You can check the application Hulu for updates. Visit your device’s application store to see whether there is a pending update or not. Do the update and wait, the connection might just be unproblematic.
7.You can try and clear up some cache and data. You can remove some temporary files and free up the storage space on your device if it needs space.
8.Try to deactivate and reactivate your device. To do this, remove the application directly from your page. Later, you can reactivate your device and try launching Hulu again.
You can even try deleting and then reinstalling Hulu as well. On some devices, you have the option to uninstall and then reinstall the Hulu app to help prevent any streaming issues.
How to fix Hulu error code 400?
If there are some problems associated with your account or information on Hulu, the error code of 400 comes into play and prohibits the Hulu application from functioning correctly on a mobile or streaming device. In maximum cases like these, this problem can be fixed by either removing the device from your account or reinstalling the application.
Assuming that your internet connection is fine and the application is still having problems, you can follow these steps to fix a Hulu error 400:
- You will have to delete the application from your device
- You can continue with reinstalling the application.
- Try to log into Hulu with all your details.
- Start by trying to stream anything.
- If you still see the 400 error persisting as soon as you launch the Hulu app, then you might have to remove the device from your account and then add it back. This process can be done by you as well as Hulu customer care.
The steps listed below can be followed in order to remove a device from your subscription account in Hulu:
- On a web browser you can open Hulu.
- Then, in the required box, you can fill out your name associated with your account.
- Followed by logging in and proceeding by clicking on devices registered with your account and then removing the required one.
How to fix Hulu error 500?
The error code 500 is very frequently experienced by users when the Hulu website is in use. However, that does not mean you won’t be getting this error on streaming devices. If you witness an error code of 500 follow up with the steps listed below:
- You can try refreshing the page to check whether it loads or not.
- You can try and stream your show on another browser or on a different computer, another streaming device. For this error, you will also have to make sure that you are not experiencing problems with your internet connection.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 16 and Invalid Region Messages?
This code most often showcases an invalid region code, which means that Hulu isn’t available at that location. This message will be witnessed when one will try to use Hulu outside the United States.
If you get this code 16 while you are in the U.S. it conveys that Hulu thinks either you are using an anonymous proxy or a virtual private network or VPN. Even though you have an IP address from inside the U.S., your account can be blocked. Therefore if you are using Hulu where it isn’t available or using an anonymous proxy or VPN, you can fix this error by just following a step and that is:
- Turning off the proxy or VPN on your device, and that’s it. You can get back to watching your show again.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 5003?
The error code of 5003 is a very common problem and can be easily fixed by the file the following the steps enlisted below:
- Just try updating the Hulu application.
- If that doesn’t work, you can opt for removing and reinstalling the application as well. You will have to ensure that the device on which the content is being streamed is up to date as well.
- If this problem persists then you can report the problem to the customer service and wait for the results.
Hulu Outages and Error Code BYA-403-007
The error codes witnessed on Hulu that unfold with BYA can specify a lot of different errors in the playback sector but they mostly mean that there has been a trouble with the Hulu service itself.
Assuming that you have gotten a Hulu error code like BYA-403-007. You can give a try with the following steps to keep your show going:
- The first and foremost thing you can try to resolve this issue is by checking whether you can play any other videos on the app or not.
- If you are able to play other videos, then there might have been a partial problem that only affects half of their content.
- If there are problems with other videos, then you’ll have to wait for the verdict on Hulu’s part.
How to fix Hulu loops or restarting problems?
Hulu users will know this, almost every-time on Hulu.It is seen that there are content loops or that programs restart after advertisements. A former Hulu tech support has said that this problem might be of the device on which the content is being streamed on rather than Hulu itself.
It is said that the most affected users of this problem are the Song blu ray users. For this issue,changing the device is the only option.
How to fix Hulu problems on Android?
Majority of the times when Hulu is streamed on Android devices.It is seen that either the video stops playing or it isn’t allowed to be streamed at all. In order to fix this problem you can try the following steps.
- You can try restarting your device and ensuring that you have a fast and compatible data connection.
- Try and clear out the cache
- In consideration that, if this fails you can try to uninstall the app and then restart your device. Hopefully that will work!
What if you are not in par with the internet streaming circuit?
The platform is non-identical to other familiar online streaming sites such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix or even Hotstar.
In these, the purchasers are permitted to access the popular series from multiple long established networks. You generally only have to wait a week, to enjoy episodes of famous TV series after they have been aired.
Hulu subscriptions have no services that are conflicting to cable services such as no undisclosed fees. Hulu is available for you to watch anywhere on your favourite streaming devices.