Backups are the principal layer of security for any WordPress site. Besides having automated backups, you likewise need a simple approach to restore the backup if necessary. On Most blogging forums the most asked question is how to backup WordPress site blog.In this article, we will show you how to effortlessly backup and restore WordPress site with UpdraftPlus.UpdraftPlus is a standout amongst the most well-known modules for WordPress and is an astounding tool to enable your backup, to restore, or even relocate your website.
There are a lot of highlights including backup planning and numerous storage alternatives to look over, and the module can be expanded to additional items.Obviously, a tool is just valuable on the off chance that you know how to utilize it.
- Why You Need a Backup and Restore Solution for WordPress?
- How to Install UpdraftPlus
- Creating WordPress Backup with Updraft Plus
- Schedule automatic backup
- How to Setup backup on Remote Storage
- Connecting Dropbox with UpdraftPlus plugin
- Connecting one drive with updraftPlus
- Configure UpdraftPlus To Use Google Drive Free WordPress Backup To Cloud
- Configure your Google Cloud account with your UpdraftPlus
Why You Need a Backup and Restore Solution for WordPress?
Research shows that information misfortune and downtime cost $1.7 trillion every year to the comprehensively economy.Why You Need a Backup and Restore Solution for WordPress?In this article, we will show you how to backup and restore WordPress site with UpdraftPlus.Updraft WordPress is a standout amongst the most well-known modules for WordPress and is an astounding tool to enable your backup, to restore, or even relocate your website. There are a lot of highlights including backup planning and numerous storage alternatives to look over, and the module can be expanded to additional items.Obviously, a tool is just valuable on the off chance that you know how to utilize it.
All websites on the web are helpless against information misfortune and security dangers. As a website proprietor, these are some basic situations when you may lose your information:
- Your website can get hacked and programmers may crush your information.
- You’re facilitating supplier can lose your information
- Your host maintains whatever authority is needed to end your record and erase every one of your information.
There are numerous different situations where you could wind up losing your website and all the profitable information made throughout the years.The ideal approach to secure yourself against these dangers is to routinely backup your WordPress site.
WordPress does not accompany an implicit backup arrangement. However, there are a few extraordinary WordPress backup modules which enable you to automatically backup and restore WordPress site from a backup.
UpdraftPlus is outstanding amongst other WordPress Backup Plugin. It enables you to setup automatic backup plans. It will likewise enable you to restore your WordPress site on the off chance that something terrible happens.You can get more details on updraft blog.
Having said that, how about we investigate how to effortlessly backup and restore your WordPress site with Updraft Plus.
Since UpdraftPlus is free, it’s a mainstream decision among clients. However you can move up to UpdraftPlus Premium to get to premium add-ons, for example, Website Migrator, UpdraftVault, need a bolster, and more alternatives. The excellent alternative expenses $70 every year.Which You can buy it from here.
This article will guide you through making backups, backup WordPress database, restoring and moving your WordPress website using UpdraftPlus.
How to Install UpdraftPlus
- Go to add new plugins.
- Search for UpdraftPlus Or you can get it here.
- Activate It.You can also check detailed guide How to Install plugins in WordPress.
Before influencing backups I to suggest experiencing the settings and pick the backup plan, which files to backup and the records that will be incorporated into the backup.
Creating WordPress Backup with Updraft Plus
- Go to Settings >> UpdraftPlus Backups.You ‘ll Get the dashboard like in the image below
- Click Backup Now.This will be stored on your local Server.
- Check your backups by clicking on Existing backups, there you ‘ll get the list of backups you have performed.For In Detail Check Out the video below.
Schedule automatic backup
Creating backup manually could be hard and time-consuming.Updraft Premium also has a feature which lets you schedule automatic WordPress backup of your files and database.you can control how many back-ups should be done at which time, which backup to be deleted and how many backups to keep and delete.To Schedule, an automatic backup in updraftplus WordPress plugin setting change the Files backup schedule and Database backup schedule to daily or you can do as per requirement when you wanted it to be done.
UpdraftPlus also allows you to delete your backup after a certain number of backup you can do this by just adding an additional retention rule…
How to Setup backup on Remote Storage
UpdraftPlus Support most of the remote storage options like FTP, SFTP/SCP and cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Rackspace, Google cloud and more.Tough in free version it has some limitations.Here I’ll cover how to connect your updraft plus plugin to some of the most used services like Google Drive and Dropbox.
Connecting Dropbox with UpdraftPlus plugin
- Go to settings >> UpdraftPlus Backups.
- In UpdraftPlus backup Select Settings.
- Select the DropBox from remote storage list.
- You ‘ll get the dashboard like below.
- Add a folder name where you wish to store your Backup.
- Save Changes. After that, a popup will Appear asking for authentication.Click on the link and authenticate your account.
- Login To Your Account.
- Allow Permission to UpdraftPlus.
Click On Complete Setup, it will redirect you to WordPress dashboard after the successful completion.
Connecting one drive with updraftPlus
Connecting Microsoft One Drive is similar to the Dropbox. you just need to authenticate and allow permissions.That’s all.
Configure UpdraftPlus To Use Google Drive Free WordPress Backup To Cloud
Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud services among all others, to connect google drive account API Google Drive Client ID and Google Drive Client Secret need to be generated which can be done Google API Console.
- Go to updraftPlus Setting >>Select Google Drive
- Now we need to generate the API Keys First Follow this link to your Google API Console, and there activate the Drive API and create a Client ID in the API Access section.
- Create credentials >> Select OAuth Client Id
- Select ‘Web Application’ as the application type.
- You must add the following as the authorized redirect URI (under “More Options”) when asked: https://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?action=updraftmethod-googledrive-auth N.B. If you install UpdraftPlus on several WordPress sites, then you cannot re-use your project; you must create a new one from your Google API console for each site.
- Make Sure to include all the versions of your website like
- After Successful Completion.Enter Your Client Id and secret.
- To create custom folder option in your updraft premium is required.
- At last Authenticate with Google, after successful completion, it will show (You appear to be already authenticated, though you can authenticate again to refresh your access if you’ve had a problem).
Here is the short video, about the above tutorial how to connect your google drive account with the updraft plus plugin by Enabling the drive API.
Configure your Google Cloud account with your UpdraftPlus
Backups enable you to recover your website in a crisis. However, they can’t ensure your website against basic security dangers like hacking, malware, code infusion, and so forth.
- The Mega Guide To Configure Accelerated mobile pages for WordPress
- How To Install WordPress on Ubuntu
- How to Install & Configure WP Super Cache
Latest posts by Aayush (see all)
- Google Cloud Printing Guide - February 14, 2018
- How To Install WordPress on Ubuntu - February 13, 2018
- The Mega Guide To Configure Accelerated mobile pages for WordPress - February 10, 2018