A good number of us enjoy surfing; it could be academic information, news, the latest movies and music, or even communication platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Regardless of the gadget you use and the website(s) you visit, you will always leave some “footprints” where someone can know that you visited a particular website.
This article Will Discuss how you can Delete Google History. Let’s call the “footprints” Google history. Let’s start by understanding the obvious question.
What is Google history?
Google Search History refers to a list of all Web pages a surfer has visited recently. In our case, a surfer uses a gadget to access internet service. Or in other words, the user.
Search history contains information regarding when, what and where you visited recently on the internet with the aid of your gadget. Some call it web browsing history, but it all means the same thing. Regardless of your browser, a record of recent websites will be visited.
Are there any merits of Google Search history?
Everything has its benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages a user can get from maintaining this list of recently visited Web pages:
Easy Retrieval of information
Imagine you have been researching on a particular topic for the entire day with no success. Before giving up, you decide to visit one more Web page. Luckily, you get the information you wanted but just before reading the entire “stuff,” your phone mysteriously goes off!
You neither know how you got to that particular webpage nor the perfect keyword to take you back to that webpage. What do you do? Of course, it seems a difficult task. However, you can easily return to the website by visiting Google history and clicking on your most recent visit.
If you start typing a word you have searched for in the past, you will notice that a list of suggested words is displayed below the typing box. This helps to save time as you won’t need to type the entire word; all you need to do is click on the suggested word you intended to type. Therefore, you can spend that time in accessing other essential information over the internet.
No need to remember the passwords
Search history eliminates the need for the user to remember all the passwords for different accounts such as the Facebook account, Google account, Twitter account, and betting account (for the gamblers), among others. In other words, google history allows your gadget to “remember” all the passwords used in signing into different accounts on the internet.
Ware the demerits of Google Search history?
Even though we have seen some advantages, google history also has some of disadvantages. Let’s look at
You can lose confidential information:
Google history doesn’t differentiate confidential information from public information; it will always keep a record of all. This means anyone can access the confidential information you recently accessed by simply going to the Google history section on your gadget.
Some malicious computer users may use spyware that tracks your search history to leak financial and
other critical information to unauthorized persons. This can lead to loss of money, especially when you allow Google search to “remember” passwords of essential accounts such as PayPal and other financial accounts.
Having looked at the merits and demerits of enabling google history, let’s now take a look at how you can check
and delete your Google history in the google chrome browser using;
Phone or Tablet
When using a phone or tablet, the first question popups is
How do I delete Google history on my Android phone?
The procedure for checking and deleting Google history may be quite different compared to when using a personal computer. So, for phone users, here is a comprehensive procedure;
How to check your Google Search History on Google Chrome
- On your mobile phone/ tablet, open the Google Chrome application.
- At the top right, click the menu option denoted by three vertically arranged dots.
- Click on the history option to see a list of recently visited places online.
Just in case you are using a PC, you can easily access the google chrome history by following the following procedure:
- Open the Google Chrome application
- Press a combination of CTRL+H
For those that don’t like the “short-cut” method, there is a procedure for them;
- On your computer, open the google chrome application
- At the top right, click the three vertically arranged dots
- Select History
How to Delete Chrome google history Delete all
After viewing your Google search history in google chrome, you may go ahead and clear Google history by following the following steps. Though this will only clear history on your device, not from your Google account.
- Select the “Clear browsing data” option.
- If you want to delete the entire or multiple google chrome history events, you can mark all the events you want to delete and click on the “Clear browsing data” option at the top right.
How to delete Google account history completely
The Above Steps clear Google history from chrome but not from your Google account if Auto Sync is enabled. So to delete browser history completely from your account, continue with the following steps :
- Go to my google activity.
- On the top right on every event history or page, there is the menu option denoted by three vertically arranged dots. Click on these dots;
- After clicking, 2 options will be displayed, ‘Details’ and ‘Delete’.Select the “Delete” option.
- A pop-up screen requires you to confirm that you want to delete the selected event. Confirm by clicking the “DELETE” option at the bottom right.
- To Delete all at Once Click to the Vertically arranged dots on the top.
- Select Delete Activity by and select All time.
- You Are Done. All history from the account will be cleared.
Having looked at the merits and demerits of Google history and the procedure for checking and deleting historical events, you can now take control of your browsing information. Even though Google history may have some advantages, deleting every event that renders your information vulnerable to unauthorized persons is highly recommended.