A good number of us enjoy surfing; it could be academic information, news, latest movies, and music or even communication platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Regardless of the gadget, you use and the website(s) you visit, you will always leave some “footprints” where someone else can know that you visited a particular website. In this article, Will Discuss how can you clear google history. Let’s call the “footprints” Google history.
Let’s start by understanding the obvious question.
What is Google history?
Google Search History refers to a list of all Web pages that a surfer has visited recently. In our case, a surfer is someone using a gadget to access the internet service. or in other words the user.
Search history contains information regarding when what and where you visited recently on the internet with the aid of your gadget. Some people refer to it as web browsing history, but it all means the same thing. Regardless of the browser you use, there will be a record of all websites visited recently.
Are there any merits of Google Search history?
Obviously, everything has its own benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages a user can get from maintaining this list of recently visited Web pages:
- Easy Retrieval of information
Imagine you have been researching on a particular topic for the entire day with no success. Before giving up, you decide to visit one more Web page. Luckily, you get the information you wanted but just before reading the entire “stuff”, your phone mysteriously goes off! You neither know how you got to that particular webpage nor the perfect keyword to take you back to that webpage. What do you do? Of course, it seems a difficult task, isn’t it? However, you can easily get back to the website by visiting the google history and clicking on your most recent visit.
- Saves time
If you start typing a word that you have searched for in the past, you will notice that a list of suggested words is displayed below the typing box. This helps to save time as you won’t need to type the entire word; all you need to do is click on the suggested word that you intended to type. Therefore, you can spend that time in accessing other essential information over the internet.
- No need to remember the passwords
Search history eliminates the need for the user to remember all the passwords for different accounts such as the Facebook account, Google account, twitter account, and betting account (for the gamblers), among other accounts. In other words, google history allows your gadget to “remember” all the passwords used in signing into different accounts on the internet.
Ware the demerits of Google Search history?
Even though we have seen some of the advantages, google history also has some of the disadvantages. Let’s look at
You can lose confidential information:
Obviously, the google history doesn’t differentiate confidential information from the public information; it will
always keep a record of all. This means that anyone can access the confidential information you recently accessed by simply going to the google history section on your gadget.
Some malicious computer users may decide to use spyware that tracks your search history to leak financial and
other critical information to unauthorized persons. This can lead to loss of money especially when you allow the google search to “remember” passwords of essential accounts such as the PayPal account and other financial accounts.
Having looked at the merits and demerits of enabling google history, let’s now take a look at how you can check
and delete your Google history in the google chrome browser using;
Phone or Tablet
When using a phone or tablet, the procedure for checking and deleting google history may be quite different as compared to when using a personal computer. So, for the phone users, here is a comprehensive procedure;
How to check your Google Search History on Google Chrome
- On your mobile phone/ tablet, open the Google Chrome application.
- At the top right, click the menu option denoted by three vertically arranged dots.
- Click on the history option to see a list of recently visited places on the internet.
Just in case you are using a PC, you can easily access the google chrome history by following the following procedure:
- Open the Google Chrome application
- Press a combination of CTRL+H
For those that don’t like the “short-cut” method, there is a procedure for them;
- On your computer, open the googlechrome application
- Atthe top right, click the three vertically arranged dots
- Select history
How to Clear Google History
After viewing your google search history in google chrome, you may go ahead and clear google history by following the following steps.Tough this will only clear history on your device not from your google account.
- Select the “clear browsing data” option.
- Just in case you want to delete the entire or multiple google chrome history events, you can mark all the events that you want to delete and click on “clear browsing data” option displayed at the top right.
How to delete google account history completely :
The Above Steps clear google history from the chrome but not from your google account if the Auto Sync is enabled.So to delete browser history completely from your account,continue with the following steps :
- Go to my google activity.
- On the top right on every event history or page, there is the menu option denoted by three vertically arranged dots. Click on these dots;
- After clicking, 2 options will be displayed, ‘Details’ and ‘Delete’.Select the “Delete” option.
- A pop-up screen appears that requiresyou to confirm that you want to delete the selected event. Confirm by clicking on the “DELETE” option displayed at the bottom right.
- To Delete all at Once Click to the Vertically arranged dots on the top.
- Select Delete Activity by and select all time.
- You Are Done.All history from the account will be cleared.
Having looked at the merits and demerits of google history and the procedure for checking and deleting the historic events, you can now take control of your browsing information. Even though google history may have some advantage, it is highly recommended to ensure that you delete every event that renders your information vulnerable to unauthorized persons.