Guest Mode is a new feature in Microsoft Edge that allows you to share your device with friends without worrying about private information. This is especially useful for families and people working in an environment where their computers must be shared yet secure.
Learn how to turn on Guest Mode, what it does for your computer, and how to turn it off again if you want to take back control.
What is Guest Mode?
Guest Mode is a feature in Microsoft Edge that allows you to browse the web without saving any data to your device. Any cookies, history, or other data will not be saved when you exit Guest Mode. This can be useful if you use a public or shared device or want to keep your browsing data private.
How to enable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on the Profiles Image Beside the three dots in the top right corner.
- Now Click on Browse As Guest.
- A New Window will be Opened like the image below.
- To exit Guest Mode, close all your tabs or click on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Exit guest.”
How to Disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge
Before using this make, back up your registry first. Then, follow these steps:
- Open the Registry Editor window
- Access Edge key
- Create BrowserGuestModeEnabled DWORD value under the Edge key
- Set its value data to 0 to disable the guest profile.
Why should I use Guest Mode?
Guest Mode is a great way to browse the web without saving your data. This means you can use it on a public computer without worry or simply sharing your computer with someone else. Plus, it’s a great way to test out Microsoft Edge without affecting your regular settings or data.