Have you ever wanted to start a group chat with your family on WhatsApp but didn’t know how to do it?
It’s possible to create groups with up to 256 participants that can be public or private, depending on the needs of each user.
It is possible to create a WhatsApp group, either through the mobile application or desktop application or even through WhatsApp Web, with very similar procedures. Check below how to create and manage your groups in messenger.
How to create a WhatsApp group on Android
- Open WhatsApp and click on the icon in the lower right corner and select “New group”;
- Choose the people you want to add in the group and click on the little arrow to advance;
- Choose the group name and confirm.
How to Create a WhatsApp Group on iPhone
- Click on “Conversations” in the menu below;
- Then select “New group”;
- Add group participants and click “Next”;
- Choose the group name and click “Create” in the upper right.
How to create a WhatsApp group on the computer
Access your account through WhatsApp Web or the software; the process is the same in both cases and allows for the same settings.
- Click on the options icon, the three circles, and select “New group”;
- Choose the participants and advance;
- Set the group name and finish.
How to invite and add people to a group on WhatsApp
If you are a group admin, you can invite new members by sharing invitation links or adding new members through contacts. The path for both is practically the same; check it out below!
- Open the WhatsApp group and tap the group name;
- Then click on “Invite via the link” or “Add participants”;
- If you click on add participants, you will be taken to a window with all your contacts, similar to the process of creating a group;
- However, you can copy, share, and even generate a QR Code if you want to invite people through the link.
Ready! That way, you can create a group on WhatsApp, regardless of the platform, and manage it through the settings.