Whether you’re a singer, dancer, athlete or another type of performer, you know how important it is to share videos to highlight your skills. But before Instagram’s latest updates in 2018, there were no easy ways for you to do that.
Now with the introduction of the Instagram Reel, you can make and share videos that are up to 60 seconds long without having to film anything new!
What is an Instagram Reel?
An Instagram Reel is a short, 60-second video that you can create using clips from other videos you’ve already recorded or recorded live. You can add music, effects, and text to your Reel to make it more engaging and fun.
Making an Instagram Reel is a great way to share your creativity with others, and it’s also a great way to get more followers on Instagram. Here’s how to make an Instagram Reel using videos you’ve already recorded:
How to make an Instagram Reel from the video you’ve already recorded
Reels allow you to make a video to use on it, but you can also use a ready-made one that you have in your gallery. The process for doing this is not very different and you can check it out below:
- Click on the + icon located in the upper right corner.
- Tap Video from Reels.
- Tap the icon in the lower-left corner to open your gallery and search for the desired video.
- Trim your videos down to the best part. You don’t need to use the entire video, just choose the best part that represents what you want to share.
- Drag the sides of the bar to determine the snippet you want to post from the video.
- Tap add, to add music, effects, and text. This is where you can get creative! Add a song that goes along with your Reel, or add some fun effects to make it more interesting. You can also add text to your Reel by pressing the “T” button in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Once you’re finished creating your Reel, press the Share button in.
Best practices for making an Instagram Reel
If you’re looking to make an impactful and engaging Instagram reel, there are a few best practices you should follow.
- First, consider the overall story you’re trying to tell with your reel. What is its purpose? Are you trying to showcase your sense of humour, or highlight your creative skills? Keep this in mind as you select the individual videos you’ll use in your reel.
- Next, pay attention to the visuals in each video. Make sure they’re visually appealing and cohesive with the overall aesthetic of your Instagram account. You want your reel to look professional and polished, so avoid using videos that are dark or blurry.
- Finally, don’t forget the audio! Even if your videos look great, the poor audio quality will ruin the whole thing. Use music or sound effects sparingly, and make sure they don’t drown out the audio from your videos. With these tips in mind, you’re ready to create an amazing Instagram reel!
If you’re looking to create an Instagram Reel using videos you’ve already recorded, follow the guide above and you should be good to go.