The dark mode is introduced within many applications (and within the Android Systems). By activating the dark theme, the entire application interface will transform, abandoning the light colors, which will be replaced by darker ones.
The dark mode has its advantages: it prevents visual fatigue (which could occur with prolonged use of bright colors on the screen), and in AMOLED screens, it also reduces the battery consumption. What is certain is that, regardless of the benefits of using the dark mode, it may not appeal to everyone.
You May like: How To Enable Dark Mode In WhatsApp Web
The preference for specific colours is subjective: some people may like a dark interface, while others prefer a lighter shade of colour. Focusing on the last case, let’s see how to disable WhatsApp dark mode.
Disable Dark mode in WhatsApp.
Before showing you the procedure to put in place to disable the dark mode of WhatsApp, let’s first look at the characteristics of both themes, and why you might prefer one instead of the other.
Differences between dark and Default theme
The two modes regarding the WhatsApp interface have differences which, if carefully evaluated, can influence the user’s choice.
- Default mode: the clear theme has always been present within the applications, and some people continue to prefer it. In sunlight, this mode favors the reading and viewing of the screen, as the white text is difficult to read in the presence of high brightness. On the other hand, the light color shade may annoy you in the evening, especially in the dark. In this case, it is advisable to lower the brightness of the screen to avoid straining the eyes too much.
- Dark mode: this is the novelty of the moment, and it can now be activated on most new devices. Unlike the Default, it is convenient to use it in the evening, as it reduces the reader’s eyes less. Also, it has beneficial effects on the battery of devices with AMOLED displays. During the day, it may be disadvantageous to read words under a high brightness.
How to Disable Dark Mode In WhatsApp
The procedure for deactivating dark mode and returning to the default mode varies according to the operating system you use.
On Android, the operation to restore the Default theme consists of a few simple steps.
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to Settings (just press the three dots icon)
- Continue on Chat
- Tap on Theme and select the item Light
Now you will have the Default theme again on WhatsApp.
On your iPhone, you will have to go to change the system settings.
- Open the Settings of your iPhone
- Head to Screen and Brightness
- Tap on Appearance
- Select Clear
In this way, the theme of all applications (and also of the Operating System itself) will return to the clear mode. Unfortunately, there is still no way to disable only the dark theme on WhatsApp, but probably with future updates, this function will be implemented. Furthermore, by setting the dark mode to Automatic (i.e. from sunset until dawn), the dark mode will be activated automatically in the evening, where its benefits are most noticeable. You can also customize the time slots in which to activate the dark system mode.