The dark mode is introduced within many applications (and within the Android Systems). The entire application interface will transform by activating the dark theme, abandoning the light colors, which darker ones will replace.
The dark mode has its advantages: it prevents visual fatigue (which could occur with prolonged use of bright colors on the screen), and in AMOLED screens, it also reduces battery consumption. What is certain is that, regardless of the benefits of using the dark mode, it may not appeal to everyone.
The preference for specific colors is subjective: some people like a dark interface, while others prefer a lighter color. Focusing on the last case, let’s see how to disable WhatsApp dark mode.
Disable Dark mode in WhatsApp.
Before showing you the procedure to disable the dark mode of WhatsApp, let’s first look at the characteristics of both themes and why you might prefer one instead of the other.
Differences between dark and Default theme
The two modes regarding the WhatsApp interface have differences which, if carefully evaluated, can influence the user’s choice.
- Default mode: the clear theme has always been present within the applications, and some people prefer it. In sunlight, this mode favors the reading and viewing of the screen, as the white text is difficult to read in the presence of high brightness. On the other hand, the light color shade may annoy you in the evening, especially in the dark. In this case, lowering the screen’s brightness is advisable to avoid straining the eyes too much.
- Dark mode: this is the novelty of the moment, and it can now be activated on most new devices. Unlike the Default, it is convenient to use it in the evening, as it reduces the reader’s eyes less. Also, it has beneficial effects on the battery of devices with AMOLED displays. During the day, it may be disadvantageous to read words under a high brightness.
How to Disable Dark Mode In WhatsApp
The procedure for deactivating dark mode and returning to the default mode varies according to your operating system.
On Android, restoring the Default theme consists of a few simple steps.
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to Settings (press the three dots icon)
- Continue on Chat
- Tap on Theme and select the item Light
Now you will have the Default theme again on WhatsApp.
On your iPhone, you will have to go to change the system settings.
- Open the Settings of your iPhone
- Head to Screen and Brightness
- Tap on Appearance
- Select Clear
This way, the theme of all applications (and the Operating System itself) will return to the clear mode. Unfortunately, there is still no way to disable only the dark theme on WhatsApp, but probably with future updates, this function will be implemented. Furthermore, by setting the dark mode to Automatic (i.e. from sunset until dawn), the dark mode will be activated automatically in the evening, where its benefits are most noticeable. You can also customize the time slots to activate the dark system mode.