There are many reasons a person might uninstall Facebook. One reason is that it consumes a lot of cell phone batteries. Another reason is that another social network might be more appealing.
The company app can also be removed if you don’t want to delete your account. That way, you can return whenever you’d like. So let’s check out how you can uninstall Facebook App from your Devices.
How to uninstall Facebook from mobile
- Open the Play Store and search for “Facebook”;
- Locate the Facebook app and tap on it;
- Tap “Uninstall”;
- Confirm the action with “OK.”
On iPhone or iPad
- Swipe from right to left to access the Apps Library;
- Tap and hold on the Facebook app icon until a menu of options appears;
- Select “Delete App”;
- Confirm on “Delete”.
How to Uninstall Facebook (Other Devices)
Amazon Fire TV Stick
Amazon’s streaming dongles, which include the Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire TV Stick 4K run the Facebook app, which can be uninstalled at any time.
- On the Fire TV system screen, open “Settings”;
- Select “Applications” and then “Manage installed apps”;
- Find the Facebook app and click “Uninstall”;
- Confirm again on “Uninstall”.
Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
Microsoft consoles have a version of the social network called Facebook Watch. It is focused on videos and live broadcasts, but because it is an official platform application, it also enters this wave of devices on which Facebook can be uninstalled.
- On the Xbox console, press the Xbox button on the controller to open the main tab;
- Select “My Games & Apps” and hover over the Facebook Watch app;
- Press the menu button (the one right next to the “X”);
- Go to “Uninstall” and confirm the deletion.
Smart TVs Samsung and LG
Smart TVs from LG and Samsung also run Facebook Watch. The system interface varies by TV manufacturer and model. But in general, go this route:
- Access the TV’s menu and open the device’s app store;
- Enter the “My apps” tab, which groups all the tools you have downloaded on your TV;
- Tap the trash can icon and select the Facebook Watch app. Or go straight to Facebook and select the button to delete the app;
- Confirm the deletion.
Apple TV and Android TV
Apple’s set-top box and televisions equipped with an Android TV system may have the Facebook app removed from the device. Each device has a different interface, but just search for the social network icon and select the “Delete” option.