Many users value their privacy when using Instagram, especially regarding conversations, posting photos, and sharing stories. It’s not uncommon for users to wonder if they can enable Face ID on Instagram for iPhone to add an extra layer of security and prevent unauthorized access to the social network.
Unfortunately, Instagram does not natively support iPhone biometrics, including Face ID and Touch ID. However, a practical solution is available for iOS users who wish to enhance access restrictions within the app: the Screen Time feature.
Although it is a rather improvised alternative, you can use it to limit access to social networks and other apps on the iPhone. See how to proceed:
- Open the Settings app. Then tap on “Usage Time;
- Tap “Enable Screen Time” and then “Continue”;
- Confirm that the iPhone is yours and tap “Use Screen Time Code” to set the lock password;
- Enter “App Limit” and tap “Add Limit”;
- Expand the “Social Networks” option and tap “Instagram”;
- Tap “Next” and set “0 hours and 1 minute” for the app usage limit;
- Finally, tap “Add.”
Ready! This way, Instagram will be blocked after 1 minute of using the app. You can still request more time; after that, Instagram can only be used again with the Screen Time unlock code.