ADVERTISEMENT. CONTINUE READING BELOW.
Have You Blocked someone on Instagram but are unsure how to unblock them?
Whether it’s an ex-partner, a former friend, or just someone who annoyed you in the past, we’ll walk you through the steps to restore your connection with them. So let’s get started and learn How to Unblock Someone on Instagram.
What happens when you unblock someone on Instagram
Although blocking imposes restrictions on profiles, a few things happen when you unblock them. Check out which ones:
- All limitations imposed by the block, such as not viewing the profile or publications, sending private messages, and finding you in searches, will be undone;
- Previously deleted likes and comments will not be restored;
- You will have to follow each other again.
How to unblock someone on Instagram in Settings
If you want to unblock someone on the social network, accessing the “Blocked List” in the “Settings” tab is the most practical method.
- Go to your profile and tap the “Three lines” icon;
- In the opened menu, select “Settings”;
- Tap “Privacy”;
- Scroll to the end of the tab and click on “Blocked Accounts”;
- Locate the contact, tap “Unblock,” and confirm the action in the pop-up that opens next;
How to unblock someone on Instagram through their profile
It is also possible to unblock someone on the person’s profile.
- Tap the “Magnifying glass” icon on the bottom menu and find the locked profile;
- When accessing it, click on “Unblock” and confirm the action in the pop-up that opens next.
From that moment on, you know exactly how to unblock someone on Instagram in two different ways.