Have you ever found yourself locked out of your Instagram account?
Losing access to your social media platform can be frustrating and worrisome, whether it’s due to a forgotten password or suspicious activity.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you on How to recover an Instagram account so you can get back to sharing those #OOTD posts and enviable vacation pics with your followers in no time.
How to recover a hacked Instagram account
Follow the instructions below to recover your Instagram account if you have Instagram installed on your device. It is important to point out that if the user wants to recover his password, the process is impossible since the site does not send it to the user in any way. In this case, following the same steps as below is necessary.
- Click on “Get help signing in” just below the username and password field;
- Enter the username, email, or phone number linked to the account you want to recover;
- Select the way you want to receive a recovery code;
- Use the code and follow the on-screen steps to regain access.
Changing the password is a natural process; it is impossible to keep the old one as you suspect your account has been entered. To increase the security of your Instagram account, take a look at the text on how to activate two-step verification for Instagram.
Another important point is to pay attention to your email inbox. Any exchange attempt is required to accept the request received from the Instagram security system. If you don’t recognize it, don’t accept it to keep your account intact.
How to recover if you don’t have access to the registered email or phone
Here the process gets complicated since Instagram needs you to access the email. The user must contact their email provider and the help system to recover their username before recovering their Instagram account. So the next tip is extremely important.
Keep your Instagram data up to date.
To recover the Account, email, and cell phone linked to the account, it is necessary to keep the data updated. You know that message confirming your email and cell phone are correct? That’s why.
Check below to see if your data is current and change it if necessary.
- Click on your photo in the lower right corner;
- On your profile, click on the three risks in the upper right corner;
- Click on “Settings”;
- Now, go to “Account” and then tap on “Personal Information”;
- Your data will appear in this part and, if necessary, change it.
Ready! That way, you can recover your Instagram account. Remember to keep your data current; it is the only way to regain access.