Most web users likely heard around the HTML5 Player winning over the web newly, and the excitation over what it has to message in scrutiny to Flash. The factors to be considered with free HTML5 video player are that they are: fast, responsive, easy to install and compatible with all browsers just like Youtube HTML5 Video Player Chrome.
In this article, we’ve gathered some of the best HTML5 video players, along with html5 video frameworks and plugins. These players are capable of playing Youtube, Dailymotion & Self-hosted videos easily. You can easily integrate the following html5 video players in your web applications as the online media player without messing with too many things.
Related Articles for HTML5:
Best HTML5 Video Players
It’s the best online video player regarding free usage and solutions for video publishing. This plugin is also available as html5 video player WordPress. Tough WordPress does not support most of the options. To install it on your website you just need to add the following CSS script to your header and the HTML video code in the post.
Skinning – Built from HTML and CSS. You can also use a skin designer.
- Plugins -It supports multiple plugins like playlists, analytics, advertising, and support for advanced formats like HLS and DASH. Check out the plugins page to see the list.
With the help of plugins the player can be more improved some of the awesome plugins for this player are
- Analytics – You Can track Google Analytics events from video.js players.
- Playlist – Support for video js.
- Brand – add your Brand logo in the player controls.
- Chromecast Support.
JW Player has been around a long time in the top html5 list and now has support for HTML5 video playback, is fully customizable, responsive html5 video and boasts a large number of features from analytics to accessibility and full html5 video controls. It’s the best website video player and has supported solutions for video. This also works best as html5 video player WordPress. Also, an alternative for the html5 youtube video player.
Features: JW Player excels in this category offering a vast amount of features through its various add-ons, ranging from advertising tie-ins to closed captioning and social networking tools. The player is highly customizable and fully themeable and has an integrated API. It also has plugins for the most popular CMSes, making integration a breeze.
MediaElement.js is a jQuery plugin which enables you to use the video tag with one H.264 file (you can also include OGG or WebM, but you don’t have to). If the player doesn’t support html5 video formats, the plugin replaces the player with a Flash or Silverlight-powered one. It supports oft-desired features such as standard play controls, skinning, and fullscreen video, but also has a plug-in architecture that enables the unique features. These include looping, auto translation (provided by Google Translate), post-roll (displaying custom HTML after a video finishes), and even a virtual backlight that frames the footage with matching colors taken from the video during playback (HTML5 video player only, inspired by Ambilight by Philips).
4.Video for Everybody
The video for Everybody is one of the earliest solutions to support HTML5 and Flash video and is also the simplest. It consists of a fundamental set of markup that uses HTML 5’s ability to move to the next supported object if the prior object fails. That is, it uses the <video> element to enclose each supported HTML 5 video container source, and follows the collective <source> elements with Flash markup.
- Custom Controls
- WebM Video support.
5.Kaltura HTML5 Video Player
Kaltura html5 is a free and open source Video player that enables you to just create customized cross-browsers and cross-devices skins to match all your website designs. There are also a lot of player templates within the Kaltura player.
- Multi-Platform Support.
- Robust Performance
- Advertising and Analytics – ad formats including VAST 3.0, and integrated plugins for numerous video ad networks, such as Google DoubleClick DFP, FreeWheel, Ad Tech, Eye Wonder, AdapTV, Tremor Video and more.
Plyr is simple, customizable and light player. It supports HTML youtube video and Vimeo Players. It is famous enough for experts and beginners due to its lightweight configuration that allows smooth processing even for larger video files. Plyr can make stuff simple with some useful elements to get projects done accurately.
- Accessible – It has the full support for VTT captions and screen readers.
- Lightweight – Very small sized. Do not consume more space o the server.
- Customizable – Option to customize the player.
- Responsive – Resize itself according to screen size.
- HTML Video & Audio – support Audio formats.
- Embedded Video -YouTube and Vimeo video can be played.
- Streaming – support hls.js, Shaka, and dash.js streaming.
7.Elite Video Player
Elite Video Player is a responsive, fully customizable video player for WordPress with advertising support and the playback for video platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, self-hosting videos (only mp4) and Google drive.
- Easy installation.
- YouTube and Vimeo support with playlist/channel.
- YouTube 360 VR & live streaming support.
- Self-hosted Video.
- Live Streaming (HLS .m3u8) support
- Google Drive and Open load videos.
- Advertising like pre-roll (before), mid-roll (during), post-roll (after), video ads and pop-up ads.
- Jpg, Png, gif images format supported.
8.Ultimate Video Player
Ultimate Video Player is a responsive video/audio player that also supports Youtube videos or Vimeo videos. Its requirements are only the mp4 / mp3 format, and it works on mobiles and desktop machines no matter which browser used. It’s a paid player and you can get it here
- Option to encrypt video source/path to avoid users to not able to see the video source path.
- Optimized for mobiles, ios, and desktop.
- Support multiple video quality and have an option for video quality selector similar.
- Private / password protected videos
- Live Streaming / HLS / m3u8 Video support.
- 360 degree / virtual reality / VR Support.
- Have subtitles selector.
- Share options like embed and social share window.
- Playback Rate/speed selector.
- Watermark Company logo.
- Download Video option.
- Easy Installation.
- Custom skin options.
- Plugins Available.
- Comes with full documentation.
- Extensible architecture and cross-browser support.
- Supports Hardware acceleration.
- Online Video option.[Without Opening a browser you can watch YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc videos directly]
- SWF Support [PRO]
- Make screenshots from the videos.
11.Chameleon – HTML5 Video Player with Flash Backup
HTML5 Video is among the coolest new features of HTML5. But, Internet Explorer does not supply the fullscreen experience which we are used to, and should you would like to utilize HTML5 movie in Firefox, you need to produce extra videos since it doesn’t encourage the mp4 file sort.
Chameleon solves these essential challenges using its instinctive Flash backup. When a browser can not go fullscreen, the Flash backup can be utilized. And if you do not need to produce extra video files only for Firefox, then Chameleon provides you with the choice to utilize the Flash backup rather.
- Two skins to choose from, both light and dark.
- Built with CSS, and icon fonts. This means retina display love for your MacBook Pro.
- Chameleon is responsive and automatically ready to be dropped into a responsive website.
- Custom built right-click menu that includes an optional copyright link.
- Optional Social Icons so users can share your video.
12.Afterglow – HTML5 Video Player
Afterglow is a super simple to incorporate HTML5 video participant. It comes packed with features without forcing you to use some of these. It is self-integrating, configurable, open source and nicely recorded. Integration is super simple: Simply link the script along with most of HTML5 video components with category’ afterglow’ will be initialized.
- Cross browser compatible: Works on all major browsers and devices. IE is supported down to IE9.
- Fully responsive: Responsive by default and will fit into your design perfectly.
- Resolution switching: Provides a super easy way to serve your videos in SD and HD.
Top HTML5 Video Player Plugins for WordPress:
13.Videojs HTML5 Player
Videojs HTML5 Player is a user-friendly WordPress plugin that supports video playback on desktops and mobile devices from WordPress sites. It makes super easy for you to embed both self-hosted video files or video files that are externally hosted using Videojs library.
- Embed MP4 video files into a post/page or anywhere on your WordPress site.
- Responsive videos for a better user experience while viewing from a mobile device.
- Add HTML5 videos which are compatible with all major browsers.
- Add videos with poster images.
14.Video Embed & Thumbnail Generator
This plugin provides several fields to some video uploaded to your WordPress Media Library. Just pick a few alternatives, create thumbnails, click”Insert into Article” and you will find a shortcode from the article editor which will embed a flexible, responsive HTML5 video player with Flash wracking for unsupported browsers.
- Video.js (files are included with the plugin)
- The WordPress default player using MediaElement.js, which was introduced in WordPress version 3.6
- JW Player 6 (if their old, discontinued plugin is already installed. This plugin does not work with JW Player 7 yet.)
15.FV Flowplayer Video Player
FV Player is a free, easy-to-use, and total alternative for converting FLV or MP4 videos to your pages or posts. Together with MP4 movies, FV Player provides protection on mobile devices.
- Automated checking of video encoding for logged in admins
- FV Player is a completely responsive WordPress video player.
- Custom start and end screens are built right in. You can use your own custom design before and after the video.
- Enjoy unlimited instances on a single page.
- No expensive plugins: unlike other players who nickel and dime you for every feature, with FV Player all advanced features are available in the standard license (Google Analytics, Cuepoints, Native fullscreen, Keyboard shortcuts, Subtitles, Slow motion, Random seeking, Retina ready)
- Single site pro license available (JW Player requires five pack for full features)
- Browser coverage. Built-in Flash fallback will get the job done on older browsers while HLS.js library gives you HLS playback on desktop browsers.
- Full support for Amazon S3, CloudFront and other CDN’s.
- Totally Brandable. Stop selling YouTube and start selling yourself. Even design your own player.
- Supports video intelligence video ads
These are some of the best html5 video players widely used on the internet over different websites. If you have any other suggestion let us know in the comment section.
Last Updated on