Most web users likely heard about the HTML5 Player winning over the web newly and the excitation over what it has to message in scrutiny to Flash. The factors to be considered with free HTML5 video players are that they are: fast, responsive, easy to install, and compatible with all browsers, just like Netflix and Youtube HTML5 Video Player Chrome.
In this article, we’ve gathered some of the best HTML5 video players, along with html5 video frameworks and plugins. These players are capable of playing Youtube, Dailymotion & Self-hosted videos easily. You can easily integrate the following html5 video players in your web applications as an online media player without messing with too many things.
Best HTML5 Video Players
VideoJS is a free, open-source responsive html5 video player that falls back to Flash or your choice’s alternate online video player playback technology. This is a free html5 video player with playlist feature which can be added with the help of plugins.
It also has features like essential playback functions such as autoplay and preload. It’s among the best free html5 video player. Add a simple CSS script and an HTML Video Code to install it on your website.
- You Can also add support for html5 video Chromecast with the help of plugins.
- Plugins -It supports multiple plugins like playlists, analytics, advertising, and support for advanced formats like HLS and DASH. Check out the plugins page to see the list.
2. JW Player
JW Player has been around for a long time at the top list of HTML5 Video Players. It’s a fully customizable, responsive html5 video player boasting many features from analytics to accessibility and full html5 video controls. Like VideoJs, it supports a free html5 video player with a playlist and html5 video player quality selector without extra plugins.
It’s the best choice for a Paid Responsive HTML5 video player. To use this player, you must buy a license Key to implement it on the website.
- Html5 Video Player with Ad support
- Video Quality Selector
- It’s a Cross Browser Video Player
- Video Hosting Service
3. Media Element.js
MediaElement.js is a jQuery plugin that enables you to use the video tag with one H.264 file (you can also include OGG or WebM, but you don’t have to). If the player doesn’t support html5 video formats, the plugin replaces the player with a Flash or Silverlight-powered one.
It supports oft-desired features such as standard play controls, skinning, and fullscreen video but also has a plug-in architecture that enables unique features. These include looping, auto-translation (provided by Google Translate), post-roll (displaying custom HTML after a video finishes), and even a virtual backlight that frames the footage with matching colors taken from the video during playback (HTML5 video player only, inspired by Ambilight by Philips).
4. Video for Everybody
The video for Everybody is one of the earliest solutions to support HTML5 and Flash video and is also the simplest. It consists of a fundamental set of markup that uses HTML 5’s ability to move to the next supported object if the prior object fails.
It uses the <video> element to enclose each supported HTML 5 video container source and follows the collective <source> elements with Flash markup.
5. Kaltura HTML5 Video Player
Kaltura html5 is a free and open-source video player that enables you to create customized cross-browsers and cross-device skins to match all your website designs. There are also a lot of player templates within the Kaltura player.
- Multi-Platform Support.
- Robust Performance
- Advertising and Analytics – ad formats including VAST 3.0 and integrated plugins for numerous video ad networks, such as Google DoubleClick DFP, FreeWheel, Ad Tech, Eye Wonder, AdapTV, Tremor Video, and more.
Plyr is a simple, customizable, and light player. It supports HTML youtube videos and Vimeo Players. It is famous enough for experts and beginners due to its lightweight configuration, allowing smooth processing even for larger video files. Plyr can make stuff simple with some valuable elements to complete projects accurately.
- Accessible – It has full support for VTT captions and screen readers.
- Lightweight – Very small-sized. Do not consume more space o the server.
- Customizable – Option to customize the player.
- Responsive – Resize itself according to screen size.
- HTML Video & Audio – support Audio formats.
- Embedded Video -YouTube and Vimeo video can be played.
- Streaming – support hls.js, Shaka, and dash.js streaming.
7. Elite Video Player
Elite Video Player is a responsive, fully customizable video player for WordPress with advertising support and playback for video platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, self-hosting videos (only mp4), and Google Drive.
- Easy installation.
- YouTube and Vimeo support with playlist/channel.
- YouTube 360 VR & live streaming support.
- Self-hosted Video.
- Live Streaming (HLS .m3u8) support
- Google Drive and Open load videos.
- Advertising like pre-roll (before), mid-roll (during), post-roll (after), video ads, and pop-up ads.
- Jpg, Png, gif images format are supported.
8. Ultimate Video Player
Ultimate Video Player is a responsive video/audio player supporting Youtube videos or Vimeo videos. Its requirements are only the mp4 / mp3 format, and it works on mobiles and desktop machines no matter which browser is used. It’s a paid player, and you can get it here.
- Option to encrypt video source/path to avoid users not being able to see the video source path.
- Optimized for mobiles, ios, and desktops.
- Support multiple video quality and have an option for video quality selector similar.
- Private / password-protected videos
- Live Streaming / HLS / m3u8 video support.
- 360-degree / virtual reality / VR Support.
- Have subtitles selector.
- Share options like embed and social share window.
- Playback Rate/speed selector.
- Watermark Company logo.
- Download the Video option.
- Easy Installation.
- Custom skin options.
- Plugins Available.
- Comes with full documentation.
- Extensible architecture and cross-browser support.
10. Elmedia Player
- Supports Hardware acceleration.
- Online Video option.[Without Opening a browser, you can watch YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. videos directly]
- SWF Support [PRO]
11. Chameleon – HTML5 Video Player with Flash Backup
HTML5 Video is among the coolest new features of HTML5. But, Internet Explorer does not supply the fullscreen experience we are used to, and should you want to utilize HTML5 movies in Firefox, you need to produce extra videos since it doesn’t encourage mp4 file sorting.
Chameleon solves these essential challenges using its instinctive Flash backup. When a browser can not go fullscreen, Flash backup can be utilized. And if you do not need to produce extra video files only for Firefox, then Chameleon provides you with the choice to utilize the Flash backup rather.
- Two skins to choose from, both light and dark.
- Built with CSS and icon fonts. This means retina display love for your MacBook Pro.
- Chameleon is responsive and automatically ready to be dropped into a responsive website.
- Custom-built right-click menu that includes an optional copyright link.
- Optional Social Icons so users can share your video.
12.Afterglow – HTML5 Video Player
Afterglow is super simple to incorporate HTML5 video participants. It comes packed with features without forcing you to use some of them. It is self-integrating, configurable, open-source, and nicely recorded. Integration is super simple: Link the script with most HTML5 video components with the category’ afterglow’ will be initialized.
- Cross-browser compatible: Works on all major browsers and devices. IE is supported down to IE9.
- Fully responsive: Responsive by default and will fit into your design perfectly.
- Resolution switching: This provides a super-easy way to serve your videos in SD and HD.
HTML5 Video Player Plugins for WordPress:
13. Videojs HTML5 Player
Videojs HTML5 Player is a user-friendly WordPress plugin that supports video playback from WordPress sites on desktops and mobile devices. It makes it super easy for you to embed both self-hosted video files or video files that are externally hosted using the Videojs library.
- Embed MP4 video files into a post/page or anywhere on your WordPress site.
- Responsive videos for better user experience while viewing from a mobile device.
- Add HTML5 videos that are compatible with all major browsers.
- Add videos with poster images
14. Video Embed & Thumbnail Generator
This plugin provides several fields for some videos uploaded to your WordPress Media Library. Just pick a few alternatives, create thumbnails, and click”Insert into Article,” and you will find a shortcode from the article editor, which will embed a flexible, responsive HTML5 video player with Flash wracking for unsupported browsers.
- Video.js (files are included with the plugin)
- The WordPress default player using MediaElement.js, which was introduced in WordPress version 3.6
15. FV Flowplayer Video Player
FV Player is a free, easy-to-use, and total alternative for converting FLV or MP4 videos to your pages or posts. Together with MP4 movies, FV Player protects mobile devices.
- Automated checking of video encoding for logged-in admins
- FV Player is an entirely responsive WordPress video player.
- Custom start and end screens are built right in. You can use your custom design before and after the video.
- Enjoy unlimited instances on a single page.
These are some of the best html5 video players widely used on the internet over different websites. If you have any other suggestions, let us know in the comment section.