Those who used MSN Messenger remember that it was possible to display the music they were listening to at that moment. While MSN Messenger is no longer available, other platforms have taken their place and brought similar functions.
Discord (Android | iOS | Linux | macOS | Windows) can show which song plays on the user’s Spotify account. This requires linking Discord and Spotify accounts.
Here’s how to connect Spotify to your Discord profile and showcase your music! Spotify Premium subscribers can also see what their online friends are listening to.
How to display a Spotify song on a Discord profile
- Open Discord settings and select the “Connections” option. The procedure can be done in mobile and desktop versions;
- Then select “Add”;
- Choose Spotify from the available options;
- A tab will open in the browser. Log in with your Spotify account;
- Authorize access between accounts. Then a confirmation message will be displayed;
- Return to discord. To display the songs heard, check the two available options;
- If you are using it on mobile, you need to open Spotify settings and activate the “Streaming status” option;
- Your contacts can see, through Discord, what song is playing on your Spotify profile.
Do you use Discord? Leave your opinion about the platform!