Discord is a communication platform that lots of gamers use. It has features called servers, which are like private groups where you can chat by text or voice.
You can do it quickly if you want to make roles and give them to people on your server. Just follow these steps in the server settings:
How to Create Server Roles on Discord
1. Open Discord on your PC and right-click on your server icon in the left corner of the screen. In the menu that opens next, click on “Server Settings” and then on “Roles”;
2. On the next tab, click on the “Create Roles” icon to add a new role to your server;
3. Give it a name a color, and if you want, you can test the changes you’ve configured;
4. Done that, enable all the permissions that this role will have within your server and click on “Save changes” at the end of this step;
5. With the Roles created, you can reposition them in the list, adjusting their importance. The higher the position, the more critical the position;
6. To delete a Server Role, click on the “Three dots” icon and then on “Delete,” or scroll the edit tab to the end and click on “Delete”.
How to assign roles in Discord
1. Open your server and find the contact to whom you want to assign the created position in the menu on the right. After locating it, right-click on it;
2. In the menu that opens next, click on the item “Positions” and mark the position that he can assume. It is worth mentioning that the same contact can have two or more positions within the same server.
Creating server roles on Discord is a straightforward process that allows you to manage and customize your server effectively. Following these simple steps, you can assign roles, set permissions, and ensure a smoother communication experience within your Discord community.
Whether moderating a gaming group or coordinating a team, using roles can help you organize and streamline your server’s functionality.