The DualSense is PlayStation’s slick new controller that launched with the PS5. It steps up your gameplay with an ergonomic shape, immersive haptic feedback, and more responsiveness.
But did you know you can also connect your DualSense to a Windows or Mac computer?
Like with the PS4’s DualShock 4 controller, Sony enables the use of DualSense with desktops and laptops. Hooking up your PS5 controller is a breeze. I’ll walk you through pairing it via Bluetooth or USB cable so you can start using your DualSense for computer gaming or controlling media apps.
About Using PS5 DualSense on PC or Mac
Connecting the DualSense controller to both platforms is straightforward and can be done via cable or Bluetooth. Your device needs to have built-in Bluetooth on its motherboard for wireless connection, or you can purchase a separate Bluetooth adapter.
On computers and Macs, the DualSense is compatible with Windows 10 and macOS Big Sur 11.3 or higher versions, respectively. Remember, the controller can only be paired with one device at a time, so if you switch devices, you’ll need to go through the pairing process again.
Using the Remote Play app, you can use the DualSense for games streamed from a PS5 or PS4 to a PC or Mac. Games compatible with MFi controllers can also be played with the Sony accessory.
However, there are limitations when using the PS5’s DualSense on a PC or Mac. Two of its best features — haptic feedback and adaptive triggers — are not enabled on devices other than the PlayStation 5. You may also need to configure some accessory buttons for each game individually.
How to use the PS5 DualSense controller on a PC or Mac via cable
1. Have ready the PS5’s DualSense and USB-C to USB-A cable. You can use the wire with the product if the controller comes with the console. The controller sold alone does not include the cable in the box.
2. Connect the USB-A input to your computer or notebook. The tip with USB-C is connected to the DualSense.
3. Turn on the controller by pressing the “PS” button.
4. The system (Windows or Mac) will take only a few seconds to recognize the DualSense, and that’s it. You can use it to play.
How to Use the PS5’s DualSense Controller on a PC or Mac via Bluetooth
1. Open the “Bluetooth and other device settings” menu. You can quickly access this section by searching for “Bluetooth” in the taskbar.
2. Click on “Add Bluetooth or another device”.
3. Select “Bluetooth”.
4. Take the DualSense controller. With the accessory turned off, press and hold the Create (formerly Share button) and PS buttons simultaneously until the light bar around the touchpad starts blinking. This will put the joystick in pairing mode.
5. Back on the PC, click on “Wireless Controller” when it appears in the list of available Bluetooth devices for connection.
6. The control will be ready to use. Click “Done”.
1. With DualSense in hand, make sure it is turned off. If it is on, press and hold the PS button until it turns off. If a USB is connected to the controller, disconnect it.
2. Press and hold the Create (formerly Share) and PS buttons simultaneously until the light bar around the touchpad starts blinking. This will put the joystick in pairing mode.
3. On Mac, turn on Bluetooth and select the control from the list of newly found devices. Click “Connect”.
4. Wait for the controller to pair with your Mac. You’ll know you’re done when the light bar stops flashing and the player indicator lights up.
Now enjoy DualSense on your computer and share your best games on social networks or streaming platforms.