Microsoft has released a new preview build 23620 for Windows 11 Insiders on the Dev channel. This week’s update has only bug fixes. It aims to improve overall system performance for Windows 11.
Fixes in Build 23620
- A problem has been resolved where labels like “System” in the list of all apps in the start menu were being cut off if text scaling was set above 100%.
- An issue affecting the reliability of explorer.exe has been fixed.
- Resolved the issue where Microsoft Start feed ads were displayed in the taskbar even after the feed was hidden.
- Corrected the problem of incorrect spacing and fonts on certain settings pages.
- Fixed an issue affecting Task Manager reliability in recent builds.
- Fixed an issue causing voice access to crash when setting up new languages.
- Fixed multiple crashes affecting the narrator, including one when adding new natural voices.
NOTE: Some fixes mentioned here in the Insider Preview builds of the Dev channel may make their way to service updates for the released version of Windows 11.
Known bugs in Build 23620
Copilot on Windows
- When you first launch Copilot or refresh it in Windows while using voice access, you’ll need to use the “Show Grid” commands to click on the “Ask Me Anything” box for the first time.
- Keyboard navigation from settings subpages to the top-level Settings page is malfunctioning.