Snapchat is a viral social media platform that many people use to share their day-to-day lives. Recently, Snapchat has been releasing new updates introducing new features and design changes, so we want to ensure you know how to change the language on Snapchat!
One of the great things about Snapchat is that it can be used by people worldwide. However, this can also be a bit of a downside, as the app is not always available in every language. Thankfully, there is a way to change the language on Snapchat so you can use it no matter where you are.
How to Change the language on Snapchat
To put Snapchat in Portuguese on Android, follow the steps in the tutorial below:
- Open the Snapchat app on an Android phone;
- Tap the profile icon in the upper left corner, then tap the gear icon (“Settings”);
- At the end of the “My Account” tab, tap on “Language”;
- Select the option “Your Desired language.”
On iPhone (iOS)
To put Snapchat in Portuguese on the iPhone, the path is a little different. That’s because the change needs to be made directly on iOS, not in the social network app.
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone;
- Scroll down until you find Snapchat and tap on it;
- Under “Preferred Language,” tap “Language;
- Select “the language of your wish”;
- If necessary, drag “Selected Language” to the top of the list. It will gain the subtitle “Standard,” indicating that this will be the system’s primary language.
You can change the language on Snapchat for iOS 13 or later versions by going to your settings. You will not be able to change the language of your phone or other apps, just Snapchat. Additionally, changing the language of Snapchat does not change anything else on your device.