Are you looking for a way to log out of Snapchat without deleting the app or your account?
In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to log out of Snapchat so you can take a break from the platform whenever you feel like it.
Logging out of Snapchat on mobile and computer is a simple process through both devices. Through your profile settings, it is also possible to forget a device that is logged into your account but to which you no longer have access.
However, you must have two-step authentication enabled on your Snapchat account to do this. Check below how to perform both processes.
How to log out of Snapchat
On the SmartPhone
- Open Snapchat on your iOS or Android;
- Tap the profile picture in the upper left corner;
- Go to the settings by tapping the gear icon in the upper right corner;
- Swipe down and tap “Logout.”
On the computer
Snapchat on your computer only serves as your account manager; that is, posting content through the web version is impossible. The logout button is not visible, but it is easy to find; see below.
- In your account through the browser with your username and password used in the application;
- Click the icon in the upper right corner to appear the “Logout” button in the upper corner of the screen”;
- Click the button to log out of your account on the computer.
How to Enable Snapchat Two-Step Authentication
In addition to being necessary to be able to forget a connected device remotely, it guarantees an extra layer of security. Take a look at some authentication app options to use with your device, and once you’ve installed one on your mobile device, follow the steps below.
- Open your account on your mobile device and tap your profile picture in the upper left corner;
- Tap the gear icon and then “Two-factor authentication”;
- Select whether verification will be by SMS or authentication app;
- In the SMS, a code will be generated, which is necessary for each new login. If you choose the authentication app, continue with the step below;
- Tap “Configure automatically” and tap “Ok” on the popup;
- Choose the authentication application and copy the generated token;
- Paste on Snapchat, and you’re done.
How to Forget Devices on Snapchat
On the SmartPhone
- Access the app and tap the profile picture in the upper left corner;
- Go to “Settings” by tapping the gear icon in the upper right corner;
- Enter “2-Step Authentication” and tap “Forget Devices”;
- Then tap the X on each device you want to forget and deny access;
- Tap “Yes” to confirm.
on the computer
It is important to note that if the account has been logged in recently, it may not appear on the website’s list of connected applications. Disconnecting also prevents people from accessing the account; check it out if you have accessed the application on a public computer.
- It is necessary to log in to the site and click on “Manage devices”;
- You will be taken where it shows all devices logged into your Spotify account;
- Select what you want to remove and follow the on-screen steps.
Leaving Snapchat is always recommended, especially when using a device that is not yours, ensuring the safety of your photos, videos, and contacts.
Now that you know how to get out, share this text with your acquaintances to give them that extra layer of security.