Before selling your iPad and passing it on to someone else, it’s crucial to take some steps to protect your data and ensure a smooth transition for the new owner. Here’s a simple guide to follow:
- Remove Accessories: Make sure to detach all accessories, such as chargers or cases, from the device.
- Check Device Condition: Verify that all buttons and features on the iPad are functioning correctly. This ensures the new owner receives a device in good working order.
- Back-Up Your Data: Back up all your iPad data to safeguard your information. This can be done through iCloud or iTunes, depending on your preference.
- Sign Out of iCloud: Before handing over the iPad, sign out of your account. This prevents any potential issues with iCloud locks for the new owner.
- Erase All Content and Settings: To ensure all your personal data is removed, perform a factory reset by erasing all content and settings on the iPad. This will restore it to its original state.
By following these steps, you can confidently sell your used iPad, knowing that your personal information is secure and the new owner will have a hassle-free experience.
1. How to erase iPad to sell
You can log out if your iPad is relatively new or doesn’t contain personal information. This will disable your Apple ID, iCloud, and the Find My app, making it easier for someone else to sign in.
Remember, when you log out of iCloud, you can decide whether to delete or keep a copy of your data on the device. This includes things like passwords, notes, and website preferences in Safari. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app;
- tap on [seu nome] at the top of the screen;
- Scroll down and tap “Sign Out”;
- Enter your Apple ID password to remove the Find My app;
- Choose the data to be removed from the iPad and tap “Sign Out.”
After the procedure, return to the Settings app and ensure the tablet is clean and your name no longer appears at the top of the screen. Also, enter the Search app and check if you will be prompted to start a new session.
2. How to Reset iPad to sell
Resetting your iPad will return to its original factory settings, like when you first bought it. This ensures that none of your personal data is shared, and it keeps iCloud unlocked until someone starts a new Apple ID session. You can follow the steps to reset your iPad by clicking here.
After the reset, make sure the device goes through the initial setup. You can check the battery status to enhance your selling process and provide detailed information about your iPad’s condition. Although iPadOS doesn’t directly show this information, you can use the coconutBattery 3 app on a Mac to find out. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use it.