Apple Pay has been making headlines lately since the increase in Online and NFC payment services. But you may still be wondering – what exactly is Apple Pay, and how do I use it?
Let me explain in simple terms. Apple Pay lets you pay in stores using your iPhone or Apple Watch instead of whipping out a credit or debit card. It’s super quick and easy – you just hold your device near the store’s card reader, and your payment goes through securely using your mobile device. No more wallets are needed!
While Apple Pay started off slowly when it launched in the US in 2014, adoption in Other countries has picked up steam. Nowadays, many banks, from the old-school traditional ones to new digital players, offer Apple Pay-compatible debit and credit cards tied to Visa, Mastercard, and other major networks.
So no matter who you bank with, chances are you can set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch in just a few minutes using your existing physical bank cards. Then you’re all set to start paying at supporting stores seamlessly with your mobile gadgets. It’s the modern way to pay on the go! Pretty nifty right?
Understand below how to configure and use the Apple Pay service through your iPhone or Apple Watch:
Setup Apple Pay on iPhone
1. Open your iPhone Wallet and click “Add”, or the “+” icon at the top right of the screen.
2. On the Apple Pay screen that will open, click “Continue”.
3. If your credit card registered in your iCloud account as a payment method on the App Store is compatible with the Apple Pay service, it will already be selected, just add the security code in the indicated field. If not, click to add a new card.
4. When adding it, an image of the card will appear on the screen. Click “OK” at the top left of the screen to return to Wallet.
5. You now have a credit or debit card on your iPhone registered with Apple’s online payment system.
6. To make an Apple Pay payment at a card machine, double-click the button on the side to the right of your iPhone. You must enter your lock code or use Face ID to allow payment.
7. Bring your iPhone close to the card machine reader, and that’s it. Payment will be made via Apple Pay.
On Apple Watch
1. with the card already properly added to Wallet and configured with the Apple Pay system, open the Watch app on your iPhone and enter “Wallet and Apple Pay”.
2. Locate the credit or debit card set up in your iPhone’s Wallet and click “Add”.
3. Enter your credit or debit card security code in the field provided.
4. You will need to verify your card with your respective bank. To do this, click “Next” at the top right of the screen. Depending on the bank in question, you may be able to verify it through the bank’s app on your iPhone.
5. You now have a credit or debit card on your Apple Watch registered with Apple’s online payments system.
6. To make an Apple Pay payment at a card machine, double-click the side button on your Apple Watch.
7. Bring your Apple Watch close to the card machine reader, and that’s it, Payment will be made via Apple Pay.