Microsoft Copilot Studio is a low-code platform that allows users to create and customize AI-powered chatbots, also known as conversational AI, without extensive coding experience. It is a comprehensive solution that provides a range of features for building and managing chatbots, including:
- A drag-and-drop interface for creating chatbot conversations: Users can easily create conversation flows by dragging and dropping conversation nodes, representing different steps in the interaction between the user and the chatbot.
- A library of pre-built connectors: Copilot Studio comes with a library of pre-built connectors that allow chatbots to connect to various data sources, such as CRM systems, ERP systems, and social media platforms.
- A natural language processing (NLP) engine: Copilot Studio uses an NLP engine to understand the intent of user queries and generate appropriate responses.
- A machine learning (ML) engine: Copilot Studio uses an ML engine to learn from user interactions and improve the performance of chatbots over time.
- A testing and analytics dashboard: Copilot Studio provides a testing and analytics dashboard that allows users to test their chatbots and track their performance.
What’s a chatbot, and why use it?
A chatbot is like a computer buddy that talks to people. It’s used by businesses to do different things, like helping customers or giving info. Here are a few reasons why businesses like using chatbots:
- Saving money: Chatbots help businesses save money by doing tasks instead of people.
- Getting more done: Chatbots help workers focus on important jobs, improving businesses’ work.
- Always there: Chatbots work, making customers happy whenever they need help.
- Better talks: Chatbots make talking with customers more personal and fun.
- Learning from talks: Chatbots gather info from conversations to make businesses better.
How does Copilot Studio make chatbots easy?
Copilot Studio is like a chatbot maker that’s easy for everyone, not just tech experts. No need for tricky codes—use a simple and friendly setup with ready-to-go designs. You can teach your chatbot using your own info or from other sources to make it smart and easy to talk to.
What you can do with Copilot Studio:
- Create chatbots without any coding.
- Teach chatbots to understand and chat naturally.
- Put chatbots like Teams, Outlook, Skype, and more in different places.
- Keep an eye on how well your chatbot is doing and improve it.
How to start using Copilot Studio?
All you need is a Microsoft 365 account. Head to the Copilot Studio website, start a new chatbot project, choose a design or start from scratch, and follow the tool’s steps. Easy!
Copilot for Microsoft 365
Microsoft Copilot for Microsoft 365 is an AI assistant designed to enhance productivity, creativity, and collaboration across various Microsoft applications. The recent updates focus on more personalization, advanced mathematical capabilities, and Copilot’s active involvement in collaboration.
1. More Personalization:
- Users can now personalize Copilot based on their roles and preferences in Word and PowerPoint, tailoring responses to unique needs.
- This complements personalization features like “sound like me” in Outlook matching writing styles.
2. Advanced Mathematical Analysis:
- Integration with Python in Excel allows sophisticated mathematical analysis using natural language, unlocking powerful capabilities.
3. Active Collaboration:
- Copilot participates fully in collaboration within Microsoft Teams meetings, helping with note-taking, content capture, and more.
- Teams channels now support Copilot for tasks like synthesizing information and drafting messages.
4. Outlook Integration:
- Copilot in Outlook, coming in early 2024, aids in meeting preparation by summarizing invitation details and related emails.
- It assists in navigating email threads effortlessly with a thread summary.
5. Microsoft Loop Integration:
In Microsoft Loop, Copilot guides users with intelligent page creation, suggesting relevant pages and adapting them for current projects.
6. Word and PowerPoint Enhancements:
- In Word, Copilot provides catchup and comments to understand document revisions quickly.
- In PowerPoint, a new brand asset and image library allows users to leverage corporate brand assets using AI-generated visuals.
7. Viva Integration:
- The Copilot Dashboard, powered by Viva, helps measure Copilot’s impact on productivity with advanced capabilities for Viva Insights users.
- Copilot is integrated into Viva, offering self-service insights, team health check-ins, and more.
8. Other Updates:
- Topics in Copilot help distribute knowledge across the organization.
- Copilot for Microsoft 365 will be integrated into the Windows desktop in early 2024.
- New features in Windows 365 include GPU support, resizing recommendations, and unified update management.
9. Teams Features:
- New features in Teams include voice isolation and AI-powered background decoration in Teams Premium.
- Microsoft Clipchamp is now available for Microsoft 365 enterprise and business suites.
10. Microsoft Planner:
The new Microsoft Planner is described as simple, collaborative, scalable, assisted by next-generation AI, and integrates seamlessly.
These updates aim to provide users a more personalized, collaborative, and efficient experience across Microsoft 365 applications.